Thursday 27 December 2012

#034 - On the fourth day of Christmas outfits...

On the fourth day of Christmas my wardrobe gave to me - a chunky black knit and some fairlisle leggings, super cosy!


Jumper: Primark
Blouse: H&M
Leggings: Primark
Plimsolls: Primark

This is what I wore on boxing day for chilling out with friends, having a couple of festive drinkies and general catch-ups. These sorts of leggings are one of the best things about Christmassy outfits. I think they're the next best thing to cosy pyjamas, the kind of get-up to be donned the night before Christmas, when you're chilling with some chocs, counting down the hours until you can go to bed (yep, still a child at heart!). 


What's your Christmas routine? I spend the day with my parents and brother, who's 21, and first we all get up, showered etc. (this is a staggered process with my brother, unsurprisingly, surfacing last, lagged by hangover brought on by Christmas eve drinking!). Me and my dad have our own traditional Christmas day breakfast - croissants with ham and melted cheese, sounds a bit gross maybe but it's very yummy! This tradition was born when, for a couple of years in a row, all the morning Bucks fizz drinking would go straight to my head meaning I didn't make it through to Christmas dinner (awkward!). I'm one of those people who can't drink at all unless they've had a good solid meal beforehand! 

So anyway now we have a Christmas breakfast, closely followed by Bucks fizz, and then after mum's prepped the turkey we open the presents! By the time we've done that it's usually around midday so we pop up to the pub for a festive drink! As there's only one pub on the island, the whole community is usually gathered there and everyone gets a free glass of bubbly, it's a really lovely tradition! Everyone wishes each other happy Christmas and talks about what they gave and received this year. Then we head home for Christmas dinner! I love Christmas so much, it's probably my fave day of the year!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment