Tuesday 11 December 2012

#022

I love the current cap craze (alliteration aiii) that's going on, when I was younger and going through my tomboy phase I constantly wore baseball caps so feel pretty at home in them even now!



Cap: Topman
Necklace: Primark
Top: Primark
Bracelet: New Look
Leggings: New Look
Socks: Forever 21
Heeled Chelsea boots: soyoushoes.com

Trying to rock something a bit grungey today. I've seen a few fellow bloggers/WIWTers wearing heeled chelsea boots with visible socks, especially white ones, which I really like. I thought I'd go one different and team them with these athletic green socks I picked up in F21, originally to wear with hi-tops. I think socks are an often underrated item of clothing. Wear them right and they can become quite a statement piece. Long socks are a classic example of this, but then there's also socks teamed with heels, or with wedged sandals (a current fave look of mine, call it granddad-chic). Through SS12 we also saw a lot of frilly, schoolgirl-esque ankle socks used to complement the pastel palate of the season. I still wear my Toppers frilly beauts with my creepers. 

I also find that, a bit like wearing matching undies, wearing a pair of socks in this season's colours gives that feeling of togetherness. Some people get this from wearing Monday socks on a Monday. For me, it's wearing pastel socks in summer, burgundy/navy/khaki ones in winter. Yes I'm a bit OCD. Don't knock it til you've tried it! So anyway, that's my rant on behalf of under-appreciated socks everywhere. They're bloody good so don't take 'em for granted!

xx

4 comments:

  1. cool shoes! i want to have a look a that online page i´ve never listened about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) which one, soyoushoes.com? it's really good, you should check it out! xx

      Delete