Thursday 6 December 2012

#018

Is there such thing as a shoe-aholic? If so I need to wholeheartedly declare myself one!








Blouse: Primark
Necklace: Primark
Bracelet: Primark
Leggings: New Look
Satchel: Boohoo.com
Boots: Boohoo.com

And now, the story of the muchos coveted Boohoo mock-docs! So, I've always been very anti-doc martens. I think they're the marmite of the shoe world, either you love em or you hate em, and while hate's perhaps slightly strong, I was always very adamant that they just weren't for me. Until one fateful day when I was perusing the Boohoo website, mentally updating my lust list, and spotted these. At the time, I was skint, as I usually am when wistfully internet shopping, but these beauties jumped right off the page and ingrained themself in the 'pretty things I've seen' shoppers' corner of my brain (located just behind the frontal cortex I think). Try as I might, for the next few days I couldn't prevent my thoughts taking a floral patterned, laced up turn. But when I finally bit the bulled and went back to Boohoo to seal the deal, they were sold out in my size. Shock horror (but then are we surprised? This is the curse of the indecisive buyer!).

Thank god that I kept checking, as when I visited the site a few days later during a quarter hour break from work, they were available! Cue the world's quickest internet purchase. Glad I was speedy as later on that day they were sold out again, I think some brilliant person had just returned a pair in my size. I'm now a complete docs convert (although I am aware that these aren't the real deal, sadly couldn't justify that level of splurge!). I think they look fabbity-fab with outfits like this, giving an edge to the smart(ish) coral shirt and gold jewelry touches

xx

6 comments:

  1. Something's happened to me...I'm starting to like DMs too!!

    These ones are pretty spesh.....so exciting when you buy something you've been coverting for ages.

    Love the colours you've put together here as well:)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was completely against them for ages but I think if you find a pair girly enough to break you in you become a convert!! Give them a try ;) Thank you, I know coral's had its moment really but I'm still a bit obsessed xxx

      Delete
  2. Hahaha just behind the frontal cortex. i actually LOVE doc martens even though they're the polar opposite of my style but they add such a fun touch to every outfit. and your floral pair are seriously amazing, they transformed that whole look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge DM convert now, I think when you see them on other people you think, nah I couldn't pull those off, but actually they can look OK with the right outfit! Thank you, they were from Boohoo.com, the white version may still be available on there if you're interested :) xx

      Delete
  3. love the dr martens, and the outfit is flawless!

    http://shithappens-dealwithit.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara!! Love your blog by the way, popped over to check it out the other day and am following you now xx

      Delete