Monday 28 January 2013

#058




Shirt: Primark
Skirt: Primark
Socks: New Look
Wedges: H&M

Love love love this combo - don't know if I will ever fall out of love with coral! Or socks n sandals combos for that matter!!

So a little about my recentest adventure - those of you who've dropped by my blog recently will know that I've just got back from a trip to the mainland where I undertook an intensive driving course. MY GOD it was hard!!! I mean, I expected it to be difficult and my dad kept telling me, it'll be the hardest thing you've ever done, but I just thought, hello? I did a law degree that I didn't exactly enjoy? This can't be that bad! 

I guess in some ways it wasn't. But it was a different kind of difficult. So much to think about and a level of multitasking that I'm sure even being a woman doesn't help make any easier! I did a 2 week course, drove most days and was completely knackered by the end of it but passed (thank God!). I'm not gonna lie to you, there were tears aplenty, tantrums often, and general sulkiness at regular intervals. But it was all worth it in the end. It's a weird one, the relationship between you and your driving instructor. Get a bad one and your screwed, and might as well kiss goodbye to your chances of passing, as it's such a scary, nerve-wracking experience anyway that you don't want any extra stress or difficulty to contend with. The guy I went with was pretty good, but I expect I was a nightmare pupil. I'm generally fairly well-mannered and polite, but at the same time I'm my own worst critic, so even on the (rare) occasion that something went well I refused to be content and would always find a way that I could have done better. I'm sure it was very frustrating.

How did you learn to drive? I'd be interested in comparing the pros/cons of intensive courses vs spread out lessons. For me, living on a small island with no cars, an intensive course was the only viable option. As much as weekly trips to the mainland under the pretense of learning to drive would be a great luxury, it'd hit the bank balance pretty hard :p

xx

6 comments:

  1. I love your shirt and skirt! Lovely look and great pop of colour x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Still a huge coral fan as you can see :) thanks for visiting xx

      Delete
  2. That skirt is so perfect! You look lovely:)
    Thank you so much for following my blog, I really appreciate it:)
    Followed you too xx

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, really glad you like it! No problem, glad I found it as I love your style xxx

      Delete