Thursday 3 January 2013

#044 - On the 12th day of Christmas...(AND Style Resolutions)

On the 12th day of Christmas my wardrobe gave to me - a fancy winter hat and a dress both sequined and stripey!



Hat: H&M
Jacket: Primark
Dress: H&M
Boots: Miss Selfridge

So I made it! 12 days of (vaguely) Christmassy outfits! I hope you guys enjoyed my festive selection and I hope you can forgive me for some of the slightly tenuous Christmas links (a gold jumper? Really?! That counts?!?). Anyway as a fitting end to my outfit selection I thought I'd share my Style Resolutions with you, to show you what direction my looks will be taking in 2013!

1) Stick at blogging
I kind of covered this one yesterday, but basically I really enjoy blogging so want to ensure I make time for it in my life!

2) Be a more sensible sale shopper
You all know I'm a sucker for a bargain, and while I've found some wardrobe favourites at great prices with my slightly cheapskate mindset, I've also got a section of my wardrobe dedicated to one-wear wonders (or even, shamefully, unworn wonders). I hate this wasteful shopping attitude and just see all these brand new purchases as potential cash that I could have spent on something I really loved. Instead of being such an impulse buyer I'm going to try and be more picky about what I buy in the sales/from Primark. As a bit of a guidance, before I buy I'm going to try and visualise my potential purchase in 5 different outfit combos, and if it works, then buying it is A-OK! I've already started putting this into practice, although foresee it being slightly more difficult when I have a couple of mainland days frantically sale shopping in the next couple of weeks! This will be the true test.

3) Do more with my hair
I think I've mentally made this resolution loads of times and NEVER stuck to it, but I keep trying! I don't mind my hair too much but it could be much nicer and more to the point I could do way more to it. I need to get on those Youtube tutorials!!

4) Start experimenting with makeup
I never wear makeup, I don't even know where to start but I kind of want to try it out. When I go away next week I'm gonna pick up a few cheap bits and bobs and give it a go - prepare for some very clown-like blog photos!

Have you got any style resolutions? I'd love to hear them :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment