Tuesday 1 January 2013

#040 - My year in photos

Saw this on Demi's blog and had to do one for myself, it's so nice to look back through pics and see what the year has brought! Looking back, my 2012 hasn't been particularly momentous, but I've spent most of my spare time having fun and being with people that I really love. This year I:



Celebrated my 23rd birthday (eek) - More birthday times with buddies - Saw some gorgeous views - Attended some mad parties
Had my first picnic in February - Cooked a roast for 14 in 2 separate houses - And didn't poison anyone! - Received this lovely pressie from Venice
Shopped during a mainland trip - And caught the train - Played in a reunion tournament with the footy girls - And had post-match drinks!
Went sightseeing in London - And some more - Shopped on Oxford St - Shopped at the Bullring also :p


Got a new addition to the fam! - Celebrated St. Paddy's day - Saw some lovely sunsets - Sampled Polish vodka for drinkies with ma homegirls
Moved out of our old pad - Had lots of beachy days - Faffed about in boats - Crashed the stage with a visiting band!
Did some more boating - And some more - Watched dad, bro and boyf compete in World Pilot Gig champs - And again!
Invented sunglasses parties - And lego parties - Did many many shots (oh dear, maybe I have a problem...) - Spent some fab evenings on the beach

Watched the start of the Tresco triathlon - and the end! - Spent my staff do with great colleagues - which ended in skinny dipping, oops!
Had a TOWIE night out! - Went to some beach fires - Witnessed more lovely sunset scenes - Invaded a neighboring island with a fleet of punts
Chilled on the beach some more - Gigged a lot with my band - Frolicked on a bouncy castle - Celebrated friends' birthdays
Did a spot of gig rowing! - Helped my bro celebrate his 21st in style - Got marooned... - Took part in an open mic night

Started blogging - Went to the boys' gig dinner - And drank plenty of cocktails that night - Took some pretty sea pics
Visited a bestie on the mainland - And wore some very high heels on the night out - Saw fab sky on the way back - Dressed as a spider for halloween
Said goodbye to lots of good friends :( - Had a hat partay - Which ended up being very messy - Appreciated some good winter weather!
Saw yet MORE sunsets - Had a fab Christmas - Both with great friends - And my fab family

I think from looking at these pics both I, and anyone reading, will probably realise that my lifestyle over here is very different to others. I live on a very small island in a group of island off the coast of Cornwall, called the Isles of Scilly (yes, very silly haha). There are no clubs or shops so my time is spent mainly beaching, boating, or having drinks at the one pub on the island! I miss the mainland loads and getting there is quite expensive, so every trip over is special, and involves lots of cramming in visiting friends, shopping, nights out, eating at our fave restaurants and generally being anonymous, which never happens over here! I'm planning to work here for another season and then move over to hopefully start a career, and as much as I love it here on the islands I can't wait to move back to the mainland, after being there for college, uni and a gap year in between I've gotten used to both lifestyles so always miss the one I'm not currently living!

Anyway I hope that little ramble has given you an insight into my life, I really look forward to continuing blogging for you in 2013, thank you so much to all who have followed/commented/visited so far! Happy New Year everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment